Sunday 22 July 2007

Picture Postcard - Guilty Secret

Picture from Manchester Looks



Dear Steve
By now you should be back in London hopefully... hope the journey wasn't too bad. Just a quick message today as, frankly, I've run out of things to say to you, and also because I don't think i need to say too much.
Confession time: I'm starting to warm to cardigans on men. Not the flimsy, thin ones though, ones like the one above: chunkier, thicker knit ones that can be worn as jackets. Absolutely love the colour of this guy's cardie and the pattern formed by the wool- someday I will have to learn to knit something like this for myself. By the way, have you noticed his shoes? I think I'm slightly in love.
Okay, time for a cup of tea. See you soon!
EJ

Dear Eliza,
I just knew you would come round! Normally it is I who has to make a small style u-turn so this is a nice change! To be honest though I believe there is a place for all types of cardigans as the flimsy kind offer great opportunity to layer. I am working on the idea of incorporating your present (polka dot scarf) into a look involving a cardigan. I will experiment and post some pictures (if i feel brave enough). The thick cardigan works well and the collar detail is awesome, but the overal look makes him seem a little heavy set but that might be the picture. As Autumn approaches thicker cardigans as shown here will be the perfect solution for mild days. I need a close up on those shoes damn it! That is your mission if you choose to accept it. Is that a blue belt I can see or am is my descent into madness continuing? I really want a blue belt. Not too sure why except for that fact it will match my shoes.
I am at work now but I really want to be elsewhere! Still, it is your birthday soon so I have Birthday activities to look forward to! Ok, back to work...
Steve

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails